Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
canon 200-600 f4.5-5.6 expected in august
Quote:Because of the long walking distance between camera and chart?  ^_^

Sort of ... the distance to the chart is a pain in the **** indeed.
Now you know what I went through when I tried to find out AFMA at infinity,, infintiy is really far away and lots of air, dust and fog between

Make your guess why those 2 lenses habe been sitting on the bench for a year ...
Quote:f/5.6 at 600mm? We're looking at a front element at least the size of that from a 300/2.8. Are there any screw-in filters larger than 105mm available? (because it's going to be at least 110mm)
I suspect they might use the same rounding trick as Sigma did on the 120-300 f/2.8 and 105mm filter. Anyway, for bigger lenses like this, isn't it more traditional to have either a drop in filter, or lower cost still, a gel filter on the back?

As a random thought, what is the biggest non-L lens DSLR Canon have made? Anything bigger than a 70-300 zoom?
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Make your guess why those 2 lenses have been sitting on the bench for a year ...

Is it really only a year? ....in every other sense in my life, time has flown!  

A good bit of exercise does a man the world of good ......don't you know?

If you review the Nikon 200-500mm you will the first site to do it.......only field reviews so far!

.........................................................................................................................................................

My Fuji, too..........you've dropped your Fuji JoJu?

If two of those beast are already my nemesis, how would you describe 2++ of them ?

I am tempted to but the Leica 100-400mm for myself though ;-)

Quote: 

If you review the Nikon 200-500mm you will the first site to do it.......only field reviews so far!

.........................................................................................................................................................

My Fuji, too..........you've dropped your Fuji JoJu?
Yeah, just get a Nikon F-mount for G lenses to Canon EOS mount.. oh wait, that Nikkor is an E lens with electronic aperture control, isn't it?
Quote:I suspect they might use the same rounding trick as Sigma did on the 120-300 f/2.8 and 105mm filter. Anyway, for bigger lenses like this, isn't it more traditional to have either a drop in filter, or lower cost still, a gel filter on the back?

As a random thought, what is the biggest non-L lens DSLR Canon have made? Anything bigger than a 70-300 zoom?
Drop-in filters mean additional complexity that has not yet been seen in non-L Lenses. I'm wondering what Canon could be up to in this case...

As for the second question, obviously I can't speak about the FD era - because I know zilch about that - but in the EF mount, there has been a 100-300/5.6 non-L lens (as well as the L in the same focal length range/aperture) and that was probably it. Anything longer and you would be looking at a red ring... or a green one in the 400 DO that was an L lens in anything but the official designation (as in: the hood was included Big Grin).