Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS macro
Sony is improving really ...

http://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff...90f28macro

Are they ? I mean there has been great 90mm f2.5-2.8 macros for over 30 years since the vivitar 90f2.5 series 1. While this might be a slightly different design with the IS. Is this lens significantly better than the other 90 macros still in production; esp when you consider bokeh ?

Sony is improving in relation to their previous efforts in terms of both centering and optical quality.

And rest assured that those 30 years old macro lenses aren't that hot anymore on a 42mp or 50mp sensor (other than the bokeh maybe).  :ph34r:
Given the price point they better do that. How do like the handling?
Well, I didn't like the manual focusing as mentioned in the review.

Other than that... No complaints really.
Quote:Sony is improving in relation to their previous efforts in terms of both centering and optical quality.

And rest assured that those 30 years old macro lenses aren't that hot anymore on a 42mp or 50mp sensor (other than the bokeh maybe).  :ph34r:
I am pretty certain my Micro-Nokkor 55mm f3.5 will do just fine on 42 or 50 mp....
What better than my  Nikor  AF-55mm F2.8 Micro  at 180€?

According to the Gospel of Ken Rockwell (god bless him)......Nikon's sharpest lens!......

Ken Wheeler (the angry photographer)  rants;........the 60mm micro........but then he rants, rants and then when he's done ranting, he rants some more! 

BC We'll have to have a race!

Quote:What better than my  Nikor  AF-55mm F2.8 Micro  at 180€?

According to the Gospel of Ken Rockwell (god bless him)......Nikon's sharpest lens!......

Ken Wheeler (the angry photographer)  rants;........the 60mm micro........but then he rants, rants and then when he's done ranting, he rants some more! 

BC We'll have to have a race!
Well, if Ken Rockwell says so, it must certainly be the truth... *snicker*
you forgot to mention "the only truth" although this goes without saying.

Quote:Sony is improving in relation to their previous efforts in terms of both centering and optical quality.

I'm using the 25 years old Contax G 90/2.8 (non macro) on 36mp sensor and very happy with it.

So I guess people's expectations can vary  Rolleyes