Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujifilm X-M1 VS Fujifilm X-A1 VS Fujifilm X-E1
Lookin into getting a Fuji camera used if possible any recommendations for the price of $400 cdn,includes fujinon 16-50mm lens. Thx.

I would see if you could grab the X-E2 over the X-E1. Not sure what the current price is but it should be heavily discounted in a few weeks. The X-M1, X-E2 and X-E1 have the 'fuji' sensor. The X-A1 has the traditional bayer sensor. The X-A1 and X-M1 have no view finder. The X-E1 has a view finder but refresh rate was pretty slow. Also auto focus was a bit weak if I remember. The X-E2 is a signfiicant step up from the X-E1 with regards to auto focus and view finder quality but the image quality is the same. You should expect similar image quality from X-E1, X-E2 and X-M1. The X-A1 as I noted has a bayer sensor.

-

I personally would not buy a camera of this sort without a view finder; but the X-E1 is a bit painful to use (hence my suggestion to look for an X-E2 on sale). however, I think given your budget I'm not sure it will work out.

-

An em-10 (olympus) is $600 cdn.

Thx for the info I am heading towards Olympus m10 used.

You might also look at the em5 if you are considering hte used market. It is a pretty decent camera. Also some of the primes (like the 45f1.8) are fairly cheap and decent quality.