Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony A7R II on the way ...
Quote:As far as super-teles and mirrorless is concerned, it's better to look towards MFT and Fuji I'd say.
The upcoming Pana/Leica 100-400mm for MFT looks interesting. It will be expensive though.
Damn. It's impossible to write something into this forum on an iPad, because by just changing into Mail to copy a link, the whole post was swallowed. 20 minutes of work deleted. Don't know what's iPad and what's photozone but that sucks.
Quote:Damn. It's impossible to write something into this forum on an iPad, because by just changing into Mail to copy a link, the whole post was swallowed. 20 minutes of work deleted. Don't know what's iPad and what's photozone but that sucks

I am using my iPad for many things but writing something is not among them ...

Quote:The upcoming Pana/Leica 100-400mm for MFT looks interesting. It will be expensive though.

Yes, I am eager to get my hand on it ... although at "800mm" it'll be impossible to test formally.

Quote: :wub: â€¦.omgg days&days and weeks&weeks of dprev 7RII promos works…. Rolleyes

The A7R II has an electronic shutter. The mk I is impossible to use due to its massive shutter slap.

Quote:I am using my iPad for many things but writing something is not among them ...
it's the thing I always have with me when abroad. I'm used to it because I got it 4 years before I bought my first laptop. And there are workarounds for a lot of things on it...

Now I watched the video. Good I'm not into wedding photography, good there's a battery grip, not good they put so many functions into it and a battery change or system error resets the custom buttons. As it seems, dancers in motion and dim lights will be too challenging for the cam and frustrating to the guy behind who happens to be me. I try to be nice to me but I'm also curious and like new toys. I was wondering why Darren rated the whole thing so high. It's about image quality, right, but it's always easy to cheer the images coming out of a camera instead of getting the images the camera won't want to take, because of empty battery, not so state of the art AF, stupidly lot of settings not to speak of the apps you can buy additionally... .

That's the thing I always complained when using Sony, the guys in their development department have more attitude of geeky game boys than working photographers.
Quote:it's the thing I always have with me when abroad. I'm used to it because I got it 4 years before I bought my first laptop. And there are workarounds for a lot of things on it...

Now I watched the video. Good I'm not into wedding photography, good there's a battery grip, not good they put so many functions into it and a battery change or system error resets the custom buttons. As it seems, dancers in motion and dim lights will be too challenging for the cam and frustrating to the guy behind who happens to be me. I try to be nice to me but I'm also curious and like new toys. I was wondering why Darren rated the whole thing so high. It's about image quality, right, but it's always easy to cheer the images coming out of a camera instead of getting the images the camera won't want to take, because of empty battery, not so state of the art AF, stupidly lot of settings not to speak of the apps you can buy additionally... .

That's the thing I always complained when using Sony, the guys in their development department have more attitude of geeky game boys than working photographers.
  For the most part it gets high praise because it really does well what many DSLRs just don't do, namely 4K video with pro AF and super 42Mps high DR low noise still images, with as many bells and whistles as anyone could possibly wish.

But all it does apart from that is shows that it's AF and frame rate still isn't quite there.......at the moment................however at the rate of new models I don't think it will be long before it is.........I still can't understand why they can't cram more amp hours into the battery though, things have advanced some in the last few years.
Tiny reserved battery space to keep the camera small + live view all of the time = low battery life. 

To compare:

My 6D does not have an overly big battery (dimension wise), and it is rated 1865 mAh. The D750 has a tad bigger a battery, and is rated as having 1950 mAh. The small form factor battery of the A7 R II is rated as having 1020 mAh. Neither the 6D nor the D750 require live view to be used all of the time. 

Dave, the battery is half the Ah (7.3 vs 14) of the Nikon EN EL 15, but also smaller in size and has to power a lot more. High resolution EVF, in-camera-stabilisation, pumping 23 images of 42 MP until buffer's filled... Wait, 23 full size RAW? When did you manage to get this many out of a Nikon / Canon similar in resolution? 5fps might not look much, right, and the A7SII, although much less MP doesn't deliver more. But for landscape and portrait it's already enough.

Anyway, the small batteries are the result of people like us always complaining about big fat cams and heavy lenses Wink now it is smaller and that comes at a price.
Took some shots today with a new prime lens ...I quite like it.

Which lenses ?

Quote:Which lenses ?

Shall I cite Forest Gump again? ;-)