Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new article: Equivalent Focal-Length, Aperture and Speed of Camera Systems
Quote:2) : the Pentax f4 lens is slower of the whole range (f6) in equivalence terms. So its weight advantage compared to a f4.5-5.6 lens would be due to that, making it a wonky comparison too.

Klaus could also have chosen one of the many 70-300mm lenses for FF DSLRs, the choice for the FE lens is fine and not a mirrorless vs DSLR skewed choice.

3) : A Pentax f2.8 lens is slightly slower (f4.2 FF equivalent) and the Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L USM weighs 705 grams. Which goes to show, one can always skew things in whatever favour (do you happen to shoot Pentax?).
2) It was Klaus that set F4 in APS-C equivalent to F5.6 in FF terms, not me. The reason I picked the 80/100-400 was because that would fit with the APS-C lens selected and as there ias no 50-200 F4 in APS-C I would rather go for either longer as I did or shorter as I did in 3)

3) again, it was Klaus who set 2.8 APS-C equivalent to F4 in FF. It was also him who picked Pentax lenses as a representative for APS-C lenses. W.r.t. the Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L USM, that's the old obsolete lens w/o IS. The current model weighs 760 g and I think it's fair to compare current lenses.

Messages In This Thread
new article: Equivalent Focal-Length, Aperture and Speed of Camera Systems - by Schlimperdibix - 08-23-2016, 09:25 AM