Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models
I think he has a point. Having just got back from vacation visiting the Scandanavian countries I rarely saw someone else with an ILC. 20 years ago I would see a lot of them. Sure, smart phone cameras have gotten better. However, I still wonder if the ILC camera was simpler, less expensive, and most importantly was an extension of our smart phones would more people be using them?

It doesn't even need to be an ILC. It could just be P&S that offers more shooting options than using your smart phone camera. Like better image quality in any condition and a zoom lens.

Most importantly if the images can just magically appear (a well-designed Bluetooth) on their phone's image browser, and they could scroll through them and immediately post on social media or text them to a friend. And this worked as simple and as fast as viewing images after taking them on your phone.

I for one can't see my GF using my cameras. But I could see her using a P&S like I mentioned above if it integrated seamlessly with her phone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models - by mike - 05-29-2024, 11:24 PM