Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models
(05-30-2024, 08:30 AM)stoppingdown Wrote: The marketing relationship with smartphones is very complex and not being an expert in marketing, nor a particular fan of smartphones, my thoughts on the topic would not be relevant.

At some point you need to be happy with what you have and just enjoy the art of photography. I think all the cameras over the last several years are quite good and the technology is relatively stable. Skip a generation or two and move out getting a new camera to every 5 years or so. 

I am interested in your thought with smartphones. I'm not a smartphone fan either and rarely use it for pics. Occasionally, something is so special that I take my phone out just to take a pic so I can text it to someone. Which only happened once on vacation. Nonetheless!

I do believe this idea could have some potential to boost overall camera sales, or at least create another niche. I know I'm repeating myself,,,, but I can see people using a real camera again if it was an extension of their smart phones. By that I mean they can wear the camera around their neck and never even take their smartphone out of their bag. Then whenever they want, like when taking a coffee break, they can review and share images from their phone. Another plus is their phone battery won't drain so fast.

I even think it would be nice if my cameras did that. Even if it's only a lower res jpeg. Then at the end of the day I can pull my phone out and easily send some images to friends that are halfway around the world. My oly is supposed to have some way to connect to my phone/pc via bt, I tried but it was more of a joke and I instantly gave up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models - by mike - 05-31-2024, 01:13 AM