Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to camera shop
Quote:....

I also quickly tried the Sigma 150-600 C, as they didn't have the S on display. It was lighter than I thought, more than acceptable compared to the 100-400. I have an area of further research there - can you push-pull the lens? Let me rephrase that, should you? It really works that way, but the sales person really wasn't keen on it. 
 Sounds like a good experience, popo.

Yes, you can push-pull the Sigma 150-600, But I think it's less the way to zoom but more the way to bring it in to transport size quickly. There's even a friction brake on each printed FL where you can prevent the front element of unwillingly movement. I only push it inside for transport or when I have it on tripod.

Never tried a 150-600 C, the lighter weight was no concern when I ordered the Sports. Today I changed my mind, but now I have that beast.

I also love to sneak around in camera stores and I gave myself the rule if I find something good and am happy with the salesperson's advice I don't do a long price research. What I mostly buy at local dealers are items I need to see or touch before. Like small cameras, tripod accessories or bags. Bodies or lenses I don't expect to find at competitive prices here.

Messages In This Thread
Trip to camera shop - by popo - 10-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Trip to camera shop - by JJ_SO - 10-27-2015, 07:34 PM