Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 inch notebook recommendation for editing and presentation
Quote:I will now go for the Macbook Pro 15 once the 2016 refresh is out.

Honestly I wanted a Macbook before but Apple didn't bother to update to Intel Broadwell so the CPUs are currently pretty much stone-age. The Dell did tick all the right boxes ... except battery life.

Battery life is a priority in my book. I just hate cables and tend to work from the couch. ;-)

Windows or MacOS - I don't care really. Same, same - nothing that is a deciding factor in my book.

Apple quality is hard to fault, complete lack of component upgradability and the fact that 90% of engineering design software runs only on windows excludes it from my option list though (bootcamp doesnt cut it due to poor dirvers). If they could swallow their pride i think apple could sell quite a few Macbook Pros which were designed for business use and ran windows natively. Features like quadro type video cards, docks, on site service and some security hardware would suddenly open them up to big enterprise customers. But i guess apple has enough money and cares little for non-consumer markets

Messages In This Thread
17 inch notebook recommendation for editing and presentation - by Ayoh - 11-05-2015, 10:48 AM