The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations needed for my first lens
Hi there!

A colleague from work upgrades to the professional series (5D) and therefore wants to get rid of his 50D body with some equipment (additional batteries, case etc. but without any lenses). As this is going to be my first DSLR camera, I'd like to get some recommendations for matching, reasonably-priced lenses. I'm a beginner, but having in mind that the camera is not really a "newbie model", I'd like to buy a lense that does not reduce the image quality the camera offers. At the same time, I'm not an ambitious semi-professional photographer, so the price shouldn't be too high (about 450€ max per lense).

I've also been told that in order to maintain a good quality, I should rather buy a wide-angle up to portrait lense first and an additional tele lens later, instead of one multi-purpose lense that covers a wide range but also significantly impacts image quality. That sounds good to me. One lense would absolutely be ok for the beginning.

After some research I found a lot of Tamron lenses - are they ok or are there better alternatives, maybe some more unknown brands that also produce good products? Are the original Canon lenses best choice or is there maybe a "better" mutli-range lense without quality problems that I could use (which may be cheaper than two individual lenses)? I would also buy a used product if it was ok.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommendations!

Regards

Rob

Messages In This Thread
Recommendations needed for my first lens - by Robert Klerx - 09-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Recommendations needed for my first lens - by Robert Klerx - 10-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Recommendations needed for my first lens - by Robert Klerx - 10-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Recommendations needed for my first lens - by cerar - 10-12-2015, 04:29 PM