Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma
If you like shapness even if it is fake sharpness (with false detail), get a camera without AA-filter. Some people don't seem to mind fake sharpness, as long as it looks sharp.

For the rest... Saying you want to shoot anywhere between 10 to 35mm on full frame, is a bit odd. That is a huge range, and 10mm corrected on full frame? I can't think of a lens right away to be honest.

There are MANY lenses sharp enough for really sharp results when stopped down, so it is more a case of choosing a certain focal length and then look which lenses do a good job.

Or I could give silly advice and tell you to go for a 5DS®, with the new Canon EF 35mm f1.4 L USM II. That lens is sharp wide open, but most lenses are sharp when stopped down and f1.4 is not that useful for landscape (at least, traditional landscape with lots of sharpness and DOF). At least the 5DS® has the highest resolution, so you can get sharper prints.

But even the Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL II N, when stopped down to f7.1 or f8, on my 6D, gives pretty sharp "landscape" results. As long as you get a RAW converter which can correct its CA.

Messages In This Thread
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Mihai - 08-30-2015, 11:40 PM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Scythels - 08-31-2015, 01:32 AM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Brightcolours - 08-31-2015, 11:13 AM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by davidmanze - 09-01-2015, 06:59 PM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Mihai - 09-04-2015, 10:30 PM