The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000
I don't plan to buy anything for this year, but I've started collecting some information to evaluate the available options, just in case I should conclude, at the end of the year, that there's no "native" choices in the 2016 roadmap.

As I suspected, reasoning with different mounts and adapter is a mess, because of a number of factors.

Anyway: let's say I'm thinking of two distinct solutions: first a birding lens, light for carrying along in a hike, hand-holdable, to replace the Nikkor AF-S 300 f/4. Quite simple: it doesn't exist and so it's not a thing I can even start thinking about. The second solution is a longer zoom, that would be definitely heavier, so not for hikes, but to use in short walks or from the car; for landscapes also, stationary birds or wildlife, even though I'd like it to have AF fast enough at least for trying some simpler case of birds in flight.

I see four possible options:

1. SAL-70400G2 via Sony A-E mount adapter;

2. Canon EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS USM II via Metabones adapter;

3. Tamron SP AF 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD via either Sony A-E or Metabones adapter in Canon mount;

4. Sigma 150-600 mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary in Canon mount via Metabones adapter.

There are rumours about a Nikon adapter which supports AF, available at the end of the year, which would open other possibilities, but I prefer to wait and see it for real before taking it into consideration.

There are weight, but especially wild price differences. I'll think of them later. First I need some technical information.

First, I don't understand whether I need the Sony LE-A1 or LE-A2 adapter for having fast AF with the A-mount lenses. Apparently the LE-A1 is enough, because those lenses have their own motor, but if I understand well it wouldn't support PDAF. Honestly, the LE-A2 would close the discussion for me, as it sounds absurd to have a mirrorless system and add an adapter with a sort of mirror inside.

Second, if I understand well, the Tamron in A-mount doesn't have stabilisation, so it would be not an option.

Third, I'd like to understand how the Metabones adapter for Canon AF performs.

All in all, I see good chances that none of the possible choices is working.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by stoppingdown - 08-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by davidmanze - 08-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by davidmanze - 08-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by davidmanze - 08-30-2015, 11:27 PM