Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24mm f/1.4 HSM DG "Art" ... on APS-C
I don't want to talk down the Canon. It's just not only the corners... Wink

And that weather sealing is a term Nikon fanboys often pull out of the backyard when they run out of reasons to decide for a Nikon instead another's brand lens. However, my answer to them (can't talk about Canon) remains the same: "please guys, do post a link where I can read Nikon's statement and specification of "weather sealing", because otherwise it's a little pointless". Nikon themselves doesn't call their lenses "weather-sealed" or "weather-proof", last time I checked.

It's always some kind of weather, isn't it? So, against which kind of weather in particular the sealing is actively protecting? Which kind of picture can I take in a pouring European rain, snow-storm - in massive conditions I don't have to take photographs and am hardly in the mood going out in a thunderstorm and take a flash or a falling branch on my head. I don't consider myself as hardcore, all-shitty-weather-compatible photographer. I am a whimp  :unsure: why not admit it?  Big Grin

I think, zooms are a different story, but I bet the Sigma would not give up earlier in bad weather than my old Nikon. I woudn't take any of them on a dive.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24mm f/1.4 HSM DG "Art" ... on APS-C - by JJ_SO - 09-04-2015, 02:43 PM