Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced
I think they are doing well enough, otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Overpriced is relative, of course, it is an opinion.

Yes, they are MFT lenses, and therefore not looking as good from an optical and aperture POV as FF equivalent lenses, when "equivalencing" them, but to be very honest, it is about time that people start looking at these differently, IMO.

Whatever happens, these are F/1.2 lenses, very well made ones for that matter, to very high optical and electro-mechanical standards, in a niche market, and from that POV the price is very realistic considering current trends, if not cheaper than to be expected.

Besides, for enough DoF I normally stop down my 85L to F3.5 or F/4. The 45 PRO will be excellent from wide open, but it will still have to be stopped down to F/1.7 or F/2 to get similar DoF.

Considering my experience with the 25 PRO, I will add the 45 to my bag, and the 12 PRO, also F/1.2, which will likely be announced in February next year. IMO, they will be worth it Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by wim - 10-25-2017, 10:51 PM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by davidmanze - 10-27-2017, 05:55 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 11-22-2017, 05:05 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM