Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced
Quote:It seems better than what canon has to offer.
Canon's is different, not MFT after all.

The 85L II is in my bag, but I find I really only shoot with it in studio type situations, and need to stop it down to F/3.5 or F/4 at least to get a semblance of DoF. However, it is great lens, with just two small problems, namely LoCa and the doubling of lines in the background under certain circumstances. The latter is something the Oly does not do, and it certainly has less LoCa.

BTW, the 85L really is an F/1.26 lens, which was rounded down to F/1.2 rather than rounded correctly to F/1.3 Smile.

Considering the apertures I generally use, the Oly is going to be a great fit for me, and it weighs little enough and is small enough to carry it around at all times rather than just in studio type situations.

I will very likely get one some time next year Smile.

And I just love having two distinct systems available for the stuff I do, Canon FF and MFT Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by davidmanze - 10-27-2017, 05:55 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 11-22-2017, 05:05 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by wim - 12-04-2017, 06:43 PM