Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XC 50-230mm f/4.5-6.7 OIS
Quote:Price/performance relates to the "naked" prices (non-kit). As a base I'm usually taking the US and German prices (Amazon).

o.k., so since the test is very new (from August 2014) I assume the related prices would be around 609.- Euro for the XF55-200 und 239.- Euro for the XC50-230 (both Amazon.de as of today)

What I then do not understand is the Price/Performance rating of both telezooms compared to each other. The XC Zoom has 2.5 stars, the XF zoomhas 3-3.5 stars in optical performance. Both have 4 stars in their price performance rating.

Since the price difference is a factor of more than 2.5, should then the optical quality of the XF zoom not be more than 3-3.5 to reflect the Price/Performance of 4 stars?

Or the other way around (since optical performance does actually not change with the price tag): Should the XF zoom have a lower Price/Performance rating than 4 stars, i.e. "only" 3 stars compared to the XC zoom's Price/Performance?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XC 50-230mm f/4.5-6.7 OIS - by shutterlag - 08-16-2014, 01:12 PM