Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma's lousy lens and it's ugly diamond-shaped bokeh (50mm f1.4 ART, Canon full frame)
Yesterday evening I went tot the sprinklers again and tried 4 lenses at f/1.4.

Depending on my position, direction of light, background brightness and shutterspeed, the diamond shapes were visible at each lens more or less and always only in the corners, if there was a dark background. It appears to be a connection between drop direction and shutterspeed. I wasn't trying to be more scientific than the thread-opener who remains silent about the shutterspeed he used.

But his conclusion about "lousy lens" and ugly diamond-shaped bokeh" says more about his qualities as "lens-tester" than that of the lens in question. Although in YouTube are hundreds of other "lens-testers" who feel the urge to steal other people's time with their "observations" and general blahblah which talk more rubbish.

But anyway, I need to thank joze, because now I got some nice ideas with sprinklers and also some shots with rainbows in. And drops, flying through other drops. Quite interesting this high-speed stuff Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Sigma's lousy lens and it's ugly diamond-shaped bokeh (50mm f1.4 ART, Canon full frame) - by JJ_SO - 07-06-2014, 04:15 PM