Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ... full format
    "More Sigma nearly matching the Zeiss optical tests", don't you just love it?  

It really "can" cut the mustard on FF, they must be sending all sorts of shudders through the OEM industry, Sigma have been trying hard and producing good lenses for many years but now it seems they have really stepped up to the plate and want to out perform everybody! 

Zeiss still maintains an optical lead but at four times the price, bulkier/heavier and "no" AF, I still feel the Sigma is the winner and by a decent margin., in fact I would go as far as to say that Zeiss are probably "miffed" by it's introduction, they have just been out- staged!  

Add to that when lens testers and customers alike are running back and forth, pulling their hair out returning decentered out of spec lenses, that Sigma had also announced their commitment to a tighter quality control and the inclusion of a docking AF station.

Have I missed anything out?  Only that Tamron has cottoned on to Sigmas  winning ways and that can only be good news for everybody!

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ... full format - by davidmanze - 06-24-2014, 08:20 AM