Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ... full format
Quote:The only real negaitve is most of their lenses are main-stream. This might make market sense but still it would be nice to seem them tackle some of the weak spots of the industry.

200-500/2.8 mainstream?

300-800/5.6 mainstream?

120-300/2.8 mainstream?

USB-Dock mainstream?

18-35/1.8 mainstream?

180/2.8 macro APO mainstream?

And even if: My pictures are mainstream too, so what? Most mainstream people like to use mainstream stuff - if you're off mainstream, I'm pretty sure you already have your sources of highly special gear. If you're not - what's the point in this lament?

Would you buy a 6/2.8 FF, if they make it? Which kind of specialities should they make in your opinion? As scythels pointed out, Canikon (which are mainstream, by the way Wink ) can ask for high profit margins. Why should Sigma waste their benefits to make another "hardly ever seen in the wild" lens?

I'm sorry, but this kind of "reason" is just another kind of searching a hair in the soup using microscopes and UV-light. Most, if not all exceptional photographers use pretty ordinary gear for their great shots.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ... full format - by JJ_SO - 06-24-2014, 04:26 PM