Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Micro Four-Thirds system is a bit in a vulnerable position these days"...?
Quote:I don't even think that the biggest threat to MFT is the technology, but more the financial state of Olympus and Panasonic.

It almost looks as if Panasonic has thrown the towel as far as MFT is concerned - no follow up models for the GX7, G6, GF6 in sight... Specifically for the G6 poor sales figures were given as reason to postpone a replacement model - what did they expect when they released this cam featuring an already obsolete sensor? Clearly, to achieve better sales they would need to replace the G6 rather sooner than later. Bizzare management decisions are the biggest threat...

Anyhow, I´m in the process to sell most of my MFT gear, eventually I keep a few lenses for better days though. For me it´s all Sony now, very happy with my most recent NEX-6 bargain. IQ in particular with the Sigma 60mm f/2.8 is stunning, love it. And this gear is so cheap, a GX7 would have cost me twice as much.

Messages In This Thread
"Micro Four-Thirds system is a bit in a vulnerable position these days"...? - by Guest - 06-09-2014, 06:54 AM