Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there still any medium format film shooters among the PZone crowd ?
Quote:And the second question is...

35mm, Medium Format ?

As some of you may know, I bought a mamiya 645 Pro in super good shape, with a good finder, a 80mm f/2.8 & 135 f/3.5, all in mint condition for something like 400€-500€.

The choice of medium format was partly due to :

a- I already own a OM-1 camera and I found 35mm to be super painful to scan on a flatbed

b- I had to take a flatbed because I'll have a few 4x5 to scan too...

c- I got a very nice medium format enlarger at a bargain price and I intend to get back to my meager knowledge of the dark room

d- Medium format scans quite nicely on a flatbed scanner.Without too much hassle (but hassle is still here, I had to get an after market holder, Epson's suck, as advertised). And that scanning gets you around 30MP territory, which I'm far off with my MFT camera. (I don't care for the argument that I could shoot digital FF more economically)

e- I could somehow discern a click above 35mm film photography. The kind of gap you see between an MFT & a full frame camera I guess. Or maybe it's just because of the population using MF was mostly experienced & pro photographers.

Anyway, I have developped a new kind of gear lust :

The Carl Zeiss Planar 110mm F/2 for Hasselblad 6x6. It's a total obsession.

and ... I haven't talked about the Plaubel Makina 67 yet...

Anybody owning one of these around here ?

Cheers !
Welcome to the MF world!

Shooting film is challenging but extremley rewarding. You have to do something different if you want to be unique.

I am not a big fan of MF digital but MF film still has something unexplored beauty to it!

Enjoy!!!

Messages In This Thread
Are there still any medium format film shooters among the PZone crowd ? - by haring - 06-10-2014, 04:58 PM