Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ?
Quote:Installed a trial version of lightroom, and still struggling to find my way with it.

I don't want to copy all my pics on the laptop to be able to work with them, 

opening a picture in lightroom seems quite a hassle and it offers nothing over photoshop camera RAW, seriously considering uninstalling the trial and forgetting all about lightrrom, unless you have reasons why I should stick with it
I understand exactly how you feel toni-a because I felt the exact same way. I went through the built-in tutorial twice and I watched videos on Youtube and I still felt intimidated by the dark, strange menus in front of me. I just dropped it as I lost interest in using my Nikon D40 anyways. That was 2011. 

Now I have an iMac and I've been using Aperture. I found it easy to use and operate and more friendly as well. I picked it up within minutes. I have gone back to Lightroom recently and I was surprised, I picked it up quickly, even though I think the interface is ugly and clunky in comparison. Maybe you're just not ready for Lightroom yet, as I was.

Lightroom isn't designed to open 1 picture, it's designed to handle hundreds, or thousands of pictures, edit and export them quickly and efficiently. In my opinion either Lightroom or Aperture are the 2 best programs for photographers today, pro and amateur. They are designed for getting the most out of your camera (raw photos) and making your pictures look their best without spending a lot of time editing.

Messages In This Thread
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by Studor13 - 04-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by alban - 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by Sylvain - 04-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Is lightroom that bad or am I missing something ? - by Mahadragon - 06-07-2014, 09:15 PM