Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA
I can only state what I stated before, in the hope that it sinks in. The numbers when comparing are meaningless, the bar heights in relation to the graph height are not all that meaningless. The numbers are higher for the A7r tests because of a higher resolution sensor, not because of a significantly sharper lens.

The aim for PZ is to test lenses, not camera/lens combinations. That is why the higher numbers do not reflect in higher ratings.

Lens rentals often makes odd mistakes in logic. If they what to show how sharp that 35mm f2.8 is, why do they not do the obvious (which is: to put that Nikkor 35mm f1.4 and/or 50mm f2 Zeiss also on the A7r)? THEN you can say something about the lens. The AA-filterless D800E is not really AA-filterless (Nikon says it has two which cancel eachother out). It shows in images. It is not like there is no way to mount those lenses on that A7r, after all.

Anyhow, I hope you get the point. PZ scores lenses, not camera/lens combinations. The bar heights (with disregard of the particular numbers) more or less show how good a lens is, sharpness wise. Look at the "excellent / very good / good / fair / poor" markings instead of pure numbers.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA - by Brightcolours - 02-12-2014, 08:24 AM