Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA
Next time you'd better check PZ's own statements before speaking in their name, Brightcolours:

Quote: Q: Why are the quality ratings different from system to system ?
As mentioned above the lens quality is affected by the sensor "system". Every additional step in the pipeline decreases the output quality, specifically the low-pass filter in front of the sensor. Assuming you mount the same lens on different system its maximum resolution will vary according to the max. quality of the sensor system. There're also evolutions regarding the RAW converter quality so more recent system tests starts can benefit from this - e.g. Canon/Olympus RAWs are/were converted using ACR 3.2 whereas Pentax/Sony RAWs are/were converted via ACR 3.7 and there was an increase in converter quality with ACR 3.4). This must all be taken into account regarding the rating system.

To be read here

I try to avoid becoming personal, BC, but I put it in this way: I do trust lensrentals a couple of times more than your reasoning. Their, and especially Roger's, comments do make sense to me. While your reasoning appears to me from of a different world with some special optic rules. So, no, nothing of your last post will sink in.

Do you really and seriously believe, the lack of AA filters leads to an increase of 20% MTF values? And if you think, putting an adaptor in between lens and body is a good way to compare lenses - why don't you do it yourself? Lenstesting is time consuming and lensrentals runs a main business and a very informative blog - with enough experience, Imatest and optical benches. Trying to bring them into discredit leads only to discredit your own posts in my eyes.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA - by JJ_SO - 02-12-2014, 06:24 PM