Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A
Quote:Yeah, right. I forgot to point this ount (done).

Theoretically this could be fixed via the dock but whether it is possible in practical terms - no idea.

As this is a lens for Canon and Nikon, and I do use the dock, I only can say with the current software the focus shift can't be corrected. To be honest, I would prefer not to add another parameter into the AF fine adjustment, as there are already 16 for a zoom and some more for the 120-300/2.8. At least, it's necessary to nail the focus at each aperture and if the focus point moves a bit but is staying in the DOF - who cares in real life? And would that person pay the money for a focus shift free zoom?

As for Mono-Cam vs Duo-Cam design: I'd hesitate to make a judgement about that unless I see the mechanical construction underneath. I will have an open eye for teardown-reports. I'm also a bit skeptical how the Canon design avoids raindrops coming into the lens. Maybe they do it with a seal like Olympus does, but then this seal needs to be replaced regularly. Best in this aspect would be a zoom with no variation of length.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A - by JJ_SO - 02-03-2014, 08:50 PM