Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New X is coming
I wasn't quite sure why or how it would be different than the X-E1 before the leaks, the X-E1&2 having EVF's already. Now it makes sense if its viewer is going to be a very large & nice EVF.

Interesting to see that ISO dial and it's A position. I expect that you can play with the combinations of A's on lens, shutter & ISO to either have A, S, and TAV (à la pentax), with Exp. Comp. enabled. Could be pretty cool to use, I have to admit.

I hope Fuji is successful with this one.

I hope it gets a touch screen. For some stupid reason, "high class" are still regarded as "camera without touch screen", which is totally ridiculous. Panasonic & Olympus got that and I hope Fuji will get that too.

On the other hand, the weather sealing non-sense gets a new player here :

High class weather sealed camera BUT the user is left only with a "common" zoom 18-135 Weather sealed. All the rest of the line isn't. Like Olympus weather sealing mostly cheaper lenses until its 12-40 came. Talk about product planning.

Quote:Fuji really seems to like the Contax SLR cameras: they practically copied them, right down to the shutter release (which is no longer threaded). Since my film SLR is actually a Contax RX, I would feel right at home with the X-T1. I must admit I was not really pleased at first with them choosing a SLR form over a rangefinder form, but I guess it was needed for the huge EVF it features. 

It also finally has a ISO dial! Of the three basic adjustments for exposure (aperture, shutter speed, sensitivity) it was the only one that we had to dig in the menus to change. Having dials for exposure zones and shooting modes is also very appreciated. I hope they will also be featured on the future X-Pro2 (though I might not wait for it).

I'll finish by repeating what a few commentors have said: it's the Nikon Df done the right way.

Messages In This Thread
New X is coming - by Klaus - 01-21-2014, 09:46 AM
New X is coming - by WyldRage - 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM
New X is coming - by frank - 01-21-2014, 02:21 PM
New X is coming - by Sylvain - 01-21-2014, 06:07 PM
New X is coming - by WyldRage - 01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
New X is coming - by Sylvain - 01-22-2014, 02:01 PM
New X is coming - by felix - 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
New X is coming - by joachim - 01-24-2014, 05:27 PM
New X is coming - by joachim - 01-24-2014, 05:34 PM