Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Also something to get used to with the A7r ...
Quote:RAW file size: 36MB
Certainly not something to overlook for anybody who is serious about backup policies.

For most of these "serious" people, this filesize bump should require  a storage & backup policy review... TCO... TCO... TCO...

About that : I just finished uploading my photos (500Go+, not so much) to Amazon Glacier. A raid 6 array (2 disks) on UPS + Amazon Glacier is starting to feel a little overkill but with Glacier in mind, I might free up some space and consider lowering the raid level. My experience with the FastGlacier client has been surprisingly good, effective & trouble free so far, not so hard to do.

There certainly are more "hasslefree" options that are competitive on price and that are probably powered by Amazon Web Services as well but I liked the fact that I didn't have any "man in the middle" here. Also, some are cheaper, which makes me think they probably rely on a less reliable or less responsive infrastructure?

Any experiences ?

Messages In This Thread
Also something to get used to with the A7r ... - by soLong - 12-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Also something to get used to with the A7r ... - by antony - 12-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Also something to get used to with the A7r ... - by Sylvain - 12-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Also something to get used to with the A7r ... - by Guest - 12-26-2013, 01:55 PM