Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a phone call from Fuji regarding my defective XF 55-200mm
Quote:<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….as u2 said, when allowing for the markups in retail (importer/retail sales etc) and for the cost of having to return the lens to the factory if no local repairs are done, possibly the original price the manufacturer receives for a lens is quite low, and I’ve often wondered how do they produce a quality product for such a low price….so a replacement lens could be the best option for the manufacturer and for the purchaser (as a specific manufacturing process might have overcome some original problems and faults)

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….so maybe be thankful that Fuji has offered to provide a new lens, while not admitting openly that they had a build problem with the lens….hopefully this is something they do for every purchaser of their gear and not just as a result of, ahem, noise….and indeed this option is not dissimilar to a certain US shop offer of replacement of a bad lens….which just might result in receiving another bad lens (from the same batch?) as a replacement ;-)

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….anyhow maybe Fuji is trying to do the right thing while quietly improving their quality control….so, thank you Fuji….until they prove me wrong….

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(50,51,51);">….my own approach to purchases is that if the retailer/manufacturer is totally unsympathetic, either in just one deal or two, I simply don’t deal with them again no matter what wonderful gear they have to sell….I have saved a lot of money and said retailer/manufacturer lost a lot of sales as a result….and at last I have gear that works from a company that works….

As mentioned - I do certainly appreciate the exchange ... assuming that the new sample is better. However, the messed it up in the first place and 35 days (and only after complaining) is way too long.

Imagine this situation with a car. Unthinkable.

Messages In This Thread
Got a phone call from Fuji regarding my defective XF 55-200mm - by Klaus - 12-04-2013, 08:10 AM