Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leica lens tests
Hi M,

sorry for the late reply, I must have missed your post... and unfortunately have been quite busy lately.

Regarding newer lenses: well, the M section is more of a "hobby" on my side. Unlike all other cameras I have available, the M9 was not primarily aquired to be a test camera. In fact, the idea to test Leica lenses came to life quite a while after I got the camera.

Thus, there is no priority list of lenses to test (as it exists in other sections). I'll just grab and try whatever I'm personally interested in or what's offered to me. That's why I ended up with the 135 Elmarit (which is available dirt cheap... for a Leica lens) and not the 135 APO (which I can hardly imagine is much fun on the M9... the Elmarit is already a borderline lens IMO).

Another note: I'm not sure whether I will do reviews of lenses below 24mm, since for anything shorter the system's minimum focus distance will most likely already be a problem in MTF testing (I'd have to get closer than MFD for the MTF tests).
I may give a 21mm lens a try (just to find out), but I'm sure you can already rule out the WATE.

As for the other lenses you mention: 135 APO only if someone offers one as a loaner, 35 FLE has already been offered to me (I hope to find the time for this one next year), the 75 Cron review is already done.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Leica lens tests - by mirekti - 10-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Leica lens tests - by mst - 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Leica lens tests - by mirekti - 10-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Leica lens tests - by mst - 12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Leica lens tests - by mirekti - 12-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Leica lens tests - by mst - 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM