Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 24-70 f/4L IS - Residual Spherical Aberrations?
Quote:Hi soLong,

Thanks for the detailed reply. My 650D doesn't have micro focus adjustment but the forthcoming 6D will have. 

Just to confirm, with your settings can your 7D adequately compensate for the RSA problem affecting the 24-70 f/4L IS USM?

Here's my mini review of the 24-70 f/4L IS USM: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51779111. I think its better than the 24-105 at 24mm wide open but I keep returning to the RSA issue.

I'm an amateur so I'm not sure if I have the dedication to be constantly making micro adjustments. I just wish Canon didn't include RSAs in this lens.

Kind regards,

Martyn

hello again Martyn,

very sorry for this very late reply, I haven't been looking in here very much lately, I should set my preferences to inform me of replies I think.

Yes with the 7D I have 3 quick settings +6, +3 and 0 which just about cover everything except macro which I set as I go.

But more importantly: I visited Canon repair here at North Ryde yesterday for another matter and they said that they could reset the lens internally for focal length and aperture differences as shown in my macro settings to correct any errors. So they have the lens + camera now for the fix and I will post a message here if this repair works - hopefully it will.

I do like the pictures thru this lens so will be happy if it becomes easier to use.

Sorry everyone to have been a bother but I've not been doing any photography for some time now - maybe later.

Messages In This Thread
Canon 24-70 f/4L IS - Residual Spherical Aberrations? - by MartynV - 07-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Canon 24-70 f/4L IS - Residual Spherical Aberrations? - by MartynV - 07-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Canon 24-70 f/4L IS - Residual Spherical Aberrations? - by soLong - 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM