Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share your silly/unusual/interesting combinations/projects/solutions
One of my more interesting projects. I made an adapter from a spare M39 "plate" from a durst enlarger and a body cap from a Canon EOS camera. From a dead old Sigma lens I salvaged the contacts and the electronics board. I soldered the board to the contacts, and mounted them with glue, packed in bubble wrap and antistatic foil, to the front of the adapter assembly. 

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

What do I use it for?

I have this very high quality industrial lens, an Ultra-Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2. It has an M39 mount, and an unusual mounting distance of about 40mm. It is fixed focus to 1:4 magnification, when mounted at the correct distance. With my adapter I get about 1:2.5 I believe.

What do the electronics do? It makes the camera see a lens, so it provides focus confirmation. And because it makes the camera see an autofocus lens (that Sigma...) it enables focus trap.

When I push down the shutter button all the way, the moment something comes into focus the camera will make a photo. Works well till f5.6 (lens goes upto f8).

Examples taken with this lens + adapter combination:

[Image: gallery_10230_17_89442.jpg]

Adult firebugs doing adult things.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_192119.jpg]And the babies that come from adult stuff.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_156398.jpg]

Ladybug on bluebells, focus trapped with a top left side focus point. Two images stitched.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_41782.jpg]Grasshopper.

[Image: gallery_10230_17_57825.jpg]

Spring anemones.

Messages In This Thread
Share your silly/unusual/interesting combinations/projects/solutions - by Brightcolours - 07-08-2013, 07:30 PM