The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicon vs. Zerene for StackShot support
Hi,

I'm considering investing in a StackShot macro rail system to work with my 1x-5x Macro Zoom.  Both Helicon Focus and Zerene Stacker say they provide support for running the StackShot rail control hardware.  There seem to be some reasons to consider either one.  For example, Helicon Focus indicates they have RAW support and a 3D model constructor; Zerene Stacker appears to have more software control over the final image, and possibly better retouching.  Helicon is less expensive, but Zerene may be able to produce better images.

Testing them to compare is not as easy as it appears: the hardware StackShot control for each is embedded into the Pro versions, but not the free versions.  The hardware integration would be an important criterion for me.

Does anyone have experience with one or both of these?  How do you like working with them?  What comparisons can you make concerning the quality of images produced and how efficiently one can produce them?

Thanks in advance for your observations.

Messages In This Thread
Helicon vs. Zerene for StackShot support - by scottburgess - 03-12-2013, 09:51 PM