The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extremely hard light - creating sharp shadow/light transitions
Hi guys, 

I am trying to wrap my head around this: I'd like to create hard shadow patterns on my subjects face. The usual way would be to move my strobe a couple of meters back and the use a snoot to direct my strobe (of the Elinchrom variety) on a gobo/cookie, which in turn will project on the subject a fairly sharp shadow pattern. The problem with this is two-fold: 1) sometimes I don't have a couple of meters to push back the strobe (e.g. when I am attempting that from the side) and 2) I can't benefit from the inverse-square-law and let the light fall off between the model and the background. Bringing the strobes closer will make the light source bigger and eventhough it's a snoot it will still create fuzzy shadow patterns. You guys have any other ideas how I could attempt this with strobes? If not, I am trying out continuous light sources: halogen lamps for example are pretty small and point-source-y...

cheers, 

John

http://www.obsoquasi.ch

Messages In This Thread
extremely hard light - creating sharp shadow/light transitions - by obsoquasi - 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM