Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum registration was down ...
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1359253153' post='21547']

We had an internal discussion about the news generator. Markus doesn't like it at all. Personally I can't really understand the problem actually. The thing is collection product news from the manufacturer sites. This is an equipment site thus everything is about products anyway. Other than that you can, of course, just ignore it.

e.g. in the Canon section is has produced 4 messages in 4 months. How can this be disturbing ?

> How about being the only site to test the new Pentax DA.560mm F5.6 lens it's only $7,000, pull it out of the petty cash box.

Ummm, no. [Image: biggrin.gif]

[/quote]

Hi again,

I think the key to the problem lies in category in which News Generator is placed,of course,it's news,camera heads want to know all photo news, but under the heading "news". When opening "forum" most people I'm sure look at the column "new items listed" it's the first point of contact,I (personally) very rarely look at the left hand categories,canon/nikon etc(there's not enough activity brand-wise for that). I check out for reviews and members contributions,recently, I found very little, I very rarely read NG posts,so 4 times out of 5 if there are no "people posts" I'm out of there! The word "forum" (dictionary definition),place of assembly for legal or other public discussion,court,etc. So that's why I'm writing now,as a forum member, because I have something to "say",my guess is NG left in it's present form will suffocate the forum,(it already is!). Change NGs placing and then re-kick start the forum before people loose the habit of visiting with a view to "two way communication" Communication is the "key word" and with that I wish you a happy Sunday.

Dave's clichés P.S.I was only joking about the 560mm Pentax lens,I'm sure, only Pentax forums will review it,or maybe we'll never know how good it is.

Messages In This Thread
Forum registration was down ... - by Klaus - 01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Forum registration was down ... - by soLong - 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Forum registration was down ... - by dave9t5 - 01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Forum registration was down ... - by Klaus - 01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Forum registration was down ... - by davidmanze - 01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Forum registration was down ... - by Klaus - 01-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Forum registration was down ... - by davidmanze - 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM