Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LensRentals on two new Sigmas - so-so and oho!
Quote:Let me be the one to spoil the party: what I see in the Nikkor shots is not PF, but LoCA, IMO. So, to me, the Nikkor shots look out of focus.

I didn't quite get how you focused. Did you use LV to focus on the corners, or especially the crops you're showin? And did you do some focus bracketing or stacking to see if you hit best focus?

With both lenses, I used LiveView at max enlargement. This means, the focus field has to go down to the right corner - what you see in the crop was the spot I focused on. Additionally I checked with a LCD loupe. Don't know if you already saw the LCD of the D850 - it's the best so far and I really doubt if focus bracketing would come up with a better result.

You can defend that Nikkor - as I said, as a zoom it's still a marvel. But I will not redo these unscientific rows. I might be wrong with one focusing, but not with three. And the focus row, I just did quickly, was worse - even at step 1 (of 10) it's not fine enough. Next step could be using a focus rail and move the camera mm by mm - but honestly, Klaus I leave that to the fans of Nikon   Wink I've seen enough to come to my conclusion and I did this kind of comparisons also often enough. And you? Any experiences with the 14 mm Sigma?  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
LensRentals on two new Sigmas - so-so and oho! - by davidmanze - 07-18-2017, 09:59 AM
LensRentals on two new Sigmas - so-so and oho! - by JJ_SO - 11-26-2017, 10:50 AM