The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolution needs and trends
Hi

I like to discuss a couple of trends here. One is the latest in screen resolution. With the new retina screen on the iPad one now requires multi megapixel files for screen viewing. This is a clear change from a few years bag when it was said that screen viewing was undemanding. I expect monitors and perhaps even TVs to go up in pixel density as well and image defects to show up more than they used to.

In that context I noticed that even on a 21" iMac I notice soft corners and CA in Fullscreen view (not 100%) to a level I am not used to. So for monitor viewing demands are definitely increasing.

The other trend is the 24mp sensor of the Nikon 3200. This is Nikon's value offer for Joe Average. So Nikon believes that everyone will now like to deal with the large file sizes that come with this. I admire their confidence in their lenses and the accuracy of the PD-AF for that price- point.

Curious on your comments.

Joachim who still lives on a 12mp diet
enjoy

Messages In This Thread
Resolution needs and trends - by joachim - 04-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Resolution needs and trends - by popo - 04-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Resolution needs and trends - by PuxaVida - 04-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Resolution needs and trends - by Guest - 04-21-2012, 08:22 PM