Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly
Quote:You clearly haven't looked at recent menu implementations with Olympus. Minimum shutter speed is there, as is auto-iso range.

The same is true for hdr stacking. You can either shoot an already stacked jpeg, or a bunch of unstacked raws, jpegs and raws, or jpegs. When shooting raws, you do have to do the processing yourself, and although that makes sense, I fully expect tbis to appear as an in-camera option as well at some point in time.

In short better ask first before coming to a (wrong) conclusion.

In addition, apart from extremely good filters and filtering system, you can process your images completely, if you so like, in-camera, before or after the shot. If you'd want to, you could do without an external device for processing your raws.

And if there is one company listening to input from users, it actually is Olympus, funnily enough. I don't know where you got the opposite idea.

In short, I see a lot of opinion in your reply, but not so much checking of facts.

BTW, jpeg output on Olympus is excellent, if not the best, and that is not just my opinion. Smile

Kind regards, Wim

Is the E-M5 II recent enough? That's the camera my dad uses and I borrowed it during my last vacation. Minimum shutter speed is not available. Auto ISO range is not what I'm talking about. If you had used a Pentax or Nikon body, you would know what I mean. I'm talking about the ability to bias the 1/focal_length algorithm the camera uses. Olympus forums are filled with people asking for an option to set the minimum shutter speed, yet it's still not available (and don't tell me the flash sync is a work around : it's not).

As to HDR stacking, you say it yourself "you do have to do the processing yourself". That's what I'm talking about, the camera doesn't save a single RAW file you can use.

As far as RAW processing goes, several other manufacturers let you convert RAW -> jpeg in camera: Fuji, Olympus and Pentax at least. However, it's clunky and inconvenient. Read my text again.

--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly - by thxbb12 - 06-22-2017, 07:16 AM