The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Pentax doing?
Hi guys,

Well my question is what is Pentax/Ricoh doing or planning to do in the DSLR market? At a time when Pentax owners are scratching their heads wondering whether to update their existing model of DSLR or not, RICOH/PENTAX do nothing to indicate their intentions other than vague press releases muttering their long term plans to produce a mirrorless camera with 100% FOV viewfinder,this at a time when the future of Pentax looked in question is insufficient and leads to blogs appearing in sites like RiceHigh's Pentax blog in the form of questionnaires asking who will be abandoning the system or buying an OVF K5 before the we see the end of OVF Pentax DSLRs.With the now official announcement of the Kr being withdrawn from sale in may this year and no news of it's replacement how do R/P think their customers are going to react about "investing" in new lenses accessories and the like? I understand that the trade needs to "play it's cards close to it's chest" to keep that "edge" over the competition, but not the point of destabilizing and disconcerting the Pentaxists to the point of distraction.What is needed is an announcement showing their "commitment" to their customers and the system so they can buy the product knowing that their money has been well spent and is not going to be redundant in a years time. The situation is very different with Canon/Nikon who have so many models there's something out there for everyone. Pentax have only 2 APS DSLRS with no fullframe so our choice is already limited,if the OVF is abandonned I'll for one will stick with my K20 till it dies(or me first) and buy a S/H K5 for very little. Sony have caused a stir with their EVF's but they have the might to stay the course if sales suffer as a result. Get it together RICOH/PENTAX so we know where we are!

Dave's cliches

Messages In This Thread
What is Pentax doing? - by davidmanze - 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM
What is Pentax doing? - by Klaus - 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
What is Pentax doing? - by davidmanze - 01-13-2012, 06:34 PM
What is Pentax doing? - by johnwhit - 01-14-2012, 10:07 AM
What is Pentax doing? - by davidmanze - 01-14-2012, 12:12 PM
What is Pentax doing? - by johnwhit - 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
What is Pentax doing? - by johnwhit - 01-15-2012, 04:03 PM
What is Pentax doing? - by Steinar1 - 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM
What is Pentax doing? - by arvydas - 01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
What is Pentax doing? - by arvydas - 01-19-2012, 10:35 PM