The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT
I am very confused by this statement post in the fourthird section by photozone. "Please note that four-thirds cameras have a different diffraction characteristic than APS-C or full format cameras. The real-world sweet spot, the point of highest resolution, is generally around f/4. Therefore it's hardly possible to improve the performance by stopping down when using (such) slow speed lenses. Remember that f/8 on a four-thirds camera is comparable to f/16 on a full format camera." (for depth of field, but also for sweet spot too?)

I thought sweet spots varied from lenses and I don't understand how a sweet spot relates to the image plane size. I know MTF resolution corresponds to printing size and smaller sensors have less information to blow up and print with. Maybe I'm on the wrong path here, don't have the foggiest, this statement just is so open ended and vague to me. I found it on the Olympus 14=42 review page for mft and it seems like a lot of info is missing, so many variables come in play when finding the lenses sweet spot, I'd hate for a image sensor to limit it too. I'd like a link or a straight of techy answer to this, really nagging me when I go on forums and ppl intend to bash the fourthird system for misconception, and I fail to correct them when I don't understand well enough myself.

Messages In This Thread
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT - by Plochmann - 12-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT - by Klaus - 12-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT - by Brightcolours - 12-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT - by Guest - 12-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT - by Brightcolours - 12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Fstop Sweet Spot and MFT - by Plochmann - 12-26-2011, 10:50 PM