Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems as if two Sigma FE lenses are coming (finally)
One explanation for the phenomenon you found (I didn't, but that doesn't mean it's impossible) could be a lens axis not rectangular to the sensor or the sensor itself not parallel to the lens mount. Or simply a picture taken at open aperture, but not properly aligned to the plane. Field curvature would hit both sides the same.

You know there were also issues with Nikon's AF module which was misaligned to the sensor?

Okay, now I rethought your defintion of "side" (for me right or left, but not back or front - these I see more as depth or distance)

So there's a possibility of some play in the focus by wire (Olympus 45/1.8? Is that fbw?). But this I also saw when I was adjusting AF with FoCal. And I think to remember that when I was doing manual focus with matte screen in the film days, the "in-focus-jump" happened more visible the way from infintiy to distance than the other way round. I guess, the contrast detection struggles the same direction

Messages In This Thread
Seems as if two Sigma FE lenses are coming (finally) - by JJ_SO - 05-31-2017, 08:51 PM