Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant
In the beginning, CamRanger was 400$, buggy app, firmware updates a mess and often lost connection.

250$ are reasonable, but there was still an offer to invest 300$ and get two devices without further costs. or 150 and save 40% (I'm terribly bad in maths...)

It could not (and still cannot) do half of the stuff this Arsenal guy claims to be doing, except controlling a motor head in the most brute and "free-of-any-precision" way imaginable. Anyone needing a motorizes head to fool around with? Alright, Gitzo's Athena was a 10.000$ flop, so let's not be too harsh on CamRanger.

I think, the most tricky point is how to make people learn to use this tool. I'm still not sure if it is self learning, if it is depending on the CPU power of the smartphone connected with the tiny device or what it is doing. I mean, all my cameras are really dumb tools, not correcting my mistakes or suggesting me better(?) settings.

If I compare the average age in a Nikon rumors forum with the age of this nerdy photographer, then it's clear who will bring death and worse things to knowledge of generations of civilized and "learnt the hard way" photogs... So, question will be, if he finds enough young spirits to make his business?

Messages In This Thread
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 10:33 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 12:01 PM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-29-2017, 09:52 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by JJ_SO - 05-29-2017, 10:49 AM