The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question on D700's Live View Mode
I assigned the Func button to LV tripod mode so that I can use LV to take landscape with self-timing on. It is simple to turn on LV: just push the Func button then the mirror is up and LV is on. I thought that after focusing, pressing the shutter down will take a picture without motion of the mirror---this would be good since mirror shaking is avoided automatically. But when I take pictures this way I notice that the view finder brightens twice. The second brightening is "normal" since after taking the picture the mirror goes down so that you can review the picture you took on the LCD. But I don't understand the first "brightening" which appears to occur just before (?) the shutter curtain is openned up. I also hear double click sounds when or just before the picture is taken, which seems to indicate that the mirror gets down and up again. If this is true, then I don't understand why the mirror needs going down when the picture is taken (in the LV tripod mode AF is done through contrast-detection by the AF-ON button). Does anybody understand it?

Messages In This Thread
A Question on D700's Live View Mode - by frank - 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM
A Question on D700's Live View Mode - by frank - 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
A Question on D700's Live View Mode - by frank - 07-29-2011, 02:59 PM