The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it?
I have difficulty to quantifies the “build quality” of one product. Whathever it is. E.g cars, kitchen equipment, computer, camera, lens etc. The difficulty that I have is that products that look descent and solid to me break easy in real life usage.

E.g my Tamron fall twice from tripod in early days when I just learned to use my new tripods and quick releases. Funny enough the lens is still function as good as new. IEEE12233 tests show no difference between shoots taken when the lens was brand new and now.

My subjective filling is that Tamron build quality is bad – well done, precise but plastic.

My feeling match most of Internet reviews of this lens in terms of IQ and BQ.

My Tokina 100Macro seems to be build as tank, however the AF/MF gets stucked when my camera back fail from 30cm on parquet floor.

Cars are other area. What is better build Mercedes from years 70s 80s or new Toyota build almost from plastic like oldie Trabants. My real life experience and ADAC fails reports shows opposite to the subjective feeling. Funny enough my feeling match most of the cars reviews.

I wonder what other PZ fellows think about it.

Regards,

Miro

PS : last week was forum discussion here about Build quality stars. I didn’t respond to it for reason described above.

Messages In This Thread
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by miro - 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by oppitronic - 04-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by anyscreenamewilldo - 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by miro - 04-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by miro - 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by frank - 08-15-2013, 02:06 AM