Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it?
Thanks for input.

Klaus

I have mixed up the build quality rating with MTBF./ Mean time between failures /

Actually these two parameters are inversely proportional. For example when we are talking about lens service experience – the people with L lenses are the most experienced people. I have never heard that somebody have broken the kit lens.

The same is valid for cars – Porsche’s ,Volvo’s or Mercedes owners have bigger experience with service than Toyota owners. At least this is what ADAC says.

ASW : I don’t have any experience with Zeiss, but old sigma’s tend to collect a lot of dust. I was keen for dust coming from the zoom barel but my experience told me that dust under the AF ring is even worse. Happily I have handy brother who cleans my sigmas once per 5 years. Internet forums are full with AF problems with old sigmas. My epxeriance with one S70-200 and S-10-20 is that after cleaning the Piezo motor the AF is spot on again.

Deroppi: I don’t have experience with Nikons. But canon cannon entry level dSLRa are well build - xxx series. This is not only my opinion. The Outdoor Photographer magazines advice to use entry level dSLRs for long trips. They said that with little care they are ready to sustain in any outdoor conditions.

I agree with you about plastic.

Thanks ,

Miro

Messages In This Thread
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by miro - 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by oppitronic - 04-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by anyscreenamewilldo - 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by miro - 04-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by miro - 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Build Quality – How do I have to judge it? - by frank - 08-15-2013, 02:06 AM