Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbook Pro doesn't recognize high speed CF card. Is it a joke???
[quote name='haring' timestamp='1299726331' post='6644']

I have a brand new Macbook pro. Three weeks old. I have tried to download my photos from my Extreme Pro 90MB/s Sandisk card but the computer doesn't recognize the USB reader. If I change the card and I put a cheap CF card the coputer reads it without any problem. I have tried with both 8GB and 16GB CF cards. My pc and my older mac reads the high speed CF card but not the latest MacBook Pro.

I am wedding photographer and I use professional grade high speed CF cards. I think it is a bog joke if the Macbook "PRO" wouldn't read professional grade Cf cards.

I have tried everything. The macbook pro only likes the cheap cf cards. I guess the macbook is not rally a "PRO"!

I bought the coputer for destination weddings to back up and view photos after the wedding day but so far it is totally useless for me!!!

What's going on??? HELP!

[/quote]

Your post is not totally clear to me.

You are talking about the Macbook not recognizing the card reader. It is not the Macbook Pro not recognizing the card, as the card reader does the "recognizing". So, then it might be a problem with the card reader itself, try a different one. Card readers are dirt cheap anyway.

It is not all that strange to find certain cards give incompatibilities (not Macbook related specifically), especially with the expensive ones. If you do not need the fast ones for faster downloads to the computer, just use cheaper ones as they are fast enough for the cameras themselves.

Anyway, get a different reader.

The Mac offers an SD slot too, so alternatively you could even use SD in a CF adapter.

Messages In This Thread
Macbook Pro doesn't recognize high speed CF card. Is it a joke??? - by Brightcolours - 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM