The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Thank You, new to DSLR photography, query re D7000 + Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD
Hello.

I'm new to DSLR photography, after using a Lumix FZ5 for 5 years. Before that I had a Ricoh KR-10 with 2 zoom lenses, a Vivitar Series 1 28-105 and a Tokina AT-X 50-250, and a single Pentax 135mm prime.

Thanks to Klaus and Markus for the lens tests, and to both of you and to many contributors to these forums - I've learned a lot here over the last few months. Reviews and forum contributions here and on a couple other sites helped me decide on my initial DSLR kit (Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 16-85mm + Tamron 70-300 SP) and to earmark lenses I'd like to get next. I compared a Pentax K-5, which felt great, but the anti-aliasing thread here, wider range of lenses available for Nikon and some of the D7000 features led me to go for it.

I've only had the new kit two weeks and although very happy with it, I haven't had a lot of opportunities to use it yet. It's also taken me a while to get set up how I think I want it (complicated..?!).

I particularly haven't used the Tamron much, but from initial impressions I'm wondering whether my copy is as good as others have found it. Unlike Markus's experience, reported in the thread about this lens, I'm not getting overexposure - if anything it underexposes compared to the 16-85. What I'm wondering about is the sharpness of my lens... although I am aware I probably haven't given it a fair trial yet...

The first question I have is how do I make some trial shots available to ask people's opinions on? I see that the upload file limit here is 500K. If I wanted people to be able to see the Raw files, do I need to open a Flickr account and upload them to that..? Or some alternative?

Ian

Messages In This Thread
A Thank You, new to DSLR photography, query re D7000 + Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD - by IanCD - 01-16-2011, 12:56 AM