Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various points about using normal lenses with extension tubes for macro
Colour fringing tools of Lightroom were largely ineffective for removing the purple patches; but totally desaturating the purple and magenta channels, and also applying hue: -100 to both did the trick. Clearly it worked because there are no other objects with purple/magenta components.

The SEL50M28 sells for a reasonable price (500€, more or less), but as long as things are fixable in some way, without wasting too long, I'll resist the temptation of buying it...  Wink 

@brightcolours Yes, those with yellow stamen should be "Anemonoides nemorosa", the ones with white-ish ones are "Anemonoides trifolia". I've seen the yellow ones too in my session, but they were just starting to open.

Nice photo, by the way. I'm still concentrating too much on single flowers, while I like the effect of multiple ones, with the rest of the crowd blurred in the background. So far I wasn't able to pre-visualise them on the field, and only very few attempts were successful... I have to practice a lot.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
Various points about using normal lenses with extension tubes for macro - by stoppingdown - 04-06-2017, 03:57 PM