The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market?
Hi guys,

We have this discussion on a regular basis on forums, taking advantage of $200-500 dollars saving on a new camera body and running the risk of having to trust a foreign warranty, plus the time delay of sending your cherished camera several thousands of miles through many postal services and the like.

The recent Sigma sport I purchased and returned took fifteen weeks to be returned to the person who sold me the lens, in fact it got lost en route, but all was well that ended well!

So with the digital camera market in decline and announcements from Nikon and Fukushi.....oops Tongue Panasonic, coupled with a strong interest in medium format ML and the new resurgence of film, it was with great consternation that I approached the purchase of a new silver halide photographic medium.

The big question... was it to be....

Authorized official market.......or

Grey market...........

This was going to be a tough call!

In the end I went Flea Market!!

Nikon FM3a + Sigma 28-70 F2.8-4

and a Mirrorless MF  Linhoff Technika 150mm F4.5 Zeiss Tessar.  4X5" plate camera.....

I took the lack of warranty risk and bought the two for 60 euros!

Messages In This Thread
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market? - by davidmanze - 04-02-2017, 02:36 PM