Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repair Facility recommendation wanted
I wanted to give an update on my repair. I sent the camera to Geissler in Reutlingen on October 22nd. I received the estimate via DeutschePost one week later. I wish they would have sent it via EMail as that would have been a little faster. The sensor was replaced, the camera was cleaned and adjusted etc. Oh, the funny thing was that one of the procedures listed on the estimate was updating the firmware....it already had the latest firmware. LOL. Of course, there was no seperate charge for this, so I imagine that they try to list everything possible to add value to their services. I would do the same thing....haha. Anyway, I received the camera yesterday (November 12th) and it works perfect. The charges were a total of €396,27 including return shipping, taxes etc. The camera was repaired within the time frame promised. The only complaint is that we sent two emails to them, one asking about an estimated time for repair, and the second asking if the camera would be sent C.O.D. requiring someone to be here to pay. They never responded to either email. In both instances, we had to telephone a few days later to get an answer. I am pleased with the repair (so far) and the repair time. The price is ok with me, but I have not had a CMOS sensor replaced before so I have nothing to base that opinion on except that it was cheaper to repair than to buy another 40D. I recommend Geissler's services as long as you do not mind telephoning them with questions instead of relying on email correspondence.

Messages In This Thread
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by bryan conner - 10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by mst - 10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by wim - 10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by Guest - 10-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by bryan conner - 10-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by bryan conner - 10-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Repair Facility recommendation wanted - by bryan conner - 11-13-2010, 05:55 AM