Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss lenses on both Canon and Nikon: should I buy ZF or ZE?
[quote name='fotomanic' timestamp='1285864962' post='3401']

As far as I can understand this would be the so called "stop down" working mode, the same you have to use with old lenses like Contax 35mm... am I right? The viewfinder gets darker and darker as you close diaphragm, until you can't judge focus. I still can't understand if the metering system of the camera work with the lens, but maybe I already know enough to realize it was a silly idea. I'll take the ZE version and maybe an "eos to e-mount" adapter to use 50mm on Nex-5. Thanks for your reply. Nicola

[/quote]

Hi Nicola,

You should bear in mind that the Canon mount ZE lenses do not have an aperture ring, so if you can't change f-stop electronically on the NEX, you should go for the Nikon mount.

Messages In This Thread
Zeiss lenses on both Canon and Nikon: should I buy ZF or ZE? - by nicolamaniscalco - 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Zeiss lenses on both Canon and Nikon: should I buy ZF or ZE? - by nicolamaniscalco - 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Zeiss lenses on both Canon and Nikon: should I buy ZF or ZE? - by Guest - 09-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Zeiss lenses on both Canon and Nikon: should I buy ZF or ZE? - by nicolamaniscalco - 10-04-2010, 01:04 PM